Friday 21 October 2011

The Hardest thing I've done before... (Flash Game - Generator Complex - Production)

After much time of practice and game tests using ActionScript 3 in Adobe Flash, I am ready to start creating my game. I have already designed some of the levels and imported them into Flash. So far, I am really proud of the result:
All I have for the main menu at the moment is a game title and three buttons, though only two of them work at the moment. The Play button goes straight into the game, starting from level one and the Levels button shows a list of the playable levels. I am intending to have ten playable levels, but so far, I have finished three of them for alpha-testing before going any further.

Here is the first level. The objective of the game is to get the green battery to the generator, without hitting any obstacles. If you hit an obstacle, the game is over. When this happens, a mini-menu will pop up, giving you the option to either retry the level again or return to the main menu. If you manage to get the battery to the generator, you complete the level and a pop up menu will appear. It gives you the same options as the game over menu, but you will also have the option to proceed onto the next level.

There may be a few bugs that I need to fix. One at the moment, is the hit test between the battery and the generator: I have made so that no matter where the battery touches the generator, it will automatically count as a hit and win the game.

I will hopefully be back more on my game. Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment