Wednesday 28 September 2011

Like Fires to Watch them Burn (Flash Game - Ideas)

Post time!


This post is about some ideas for a style of gameplay, as well as some added ideas.


The Gameplay styles I have come up with for the Drag and Drop game are:


Pen Drop and Drag –
Use a pen like object to pick up other objects and attempt to move them to the goal without causing errors. Uses mouse for controls (Like Drag Drop)

Construction Puzzle –
Depending on the theme, use the mouse to move square blocks around until it forms a picture. (Can’t remember name of game)

Slingshot –
Use a slingshot idea in a similar style to Angry Birds: pull back rope and let got. “Ammo” will be slung at a target.

Drag and Drop Dress up –
Use a dress up gameplay. It doesn’t have to be clothes.

Drag and Drop Matching game –
Use a matching style gameplay. Could use shapes, colours, numbers, words, etc.


These are definatly useful ideas to use use as the gameplay for my Drag and Drop game but I still need to come up with a theme for them. Right now, I am unsure of which one to choose. Although my eye is looking towards the pen idea, mainly because I’m thinking about doing a Doctor Who theme game where to have to use the Sonic Screwdriver as the controller. If I do want to use Doctor Who with this style of gameplay, I may need to come up with a short storyline for the game to fit in with.

The Slingshot idea is quite appealing to me as well but I and not quite sure what to theme it on. I don’t want to do a remake of Angry Birds, mainly because I don’t want to make a game that already exists and that’s already three times better than something that’s not been made yet.  

Okay, that's about for me for today. Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment